There are days when all you really just want to do is to let your hair down and enjoy some drinks, but what if you can’t afford to get your spirits (pun intended) up? The answer is simple: indulge in some refreshing mocktails instead! In fact, making amazing mocktails at home has never been easier, so there's absolutely no need for you to burn a hole in your pocket at a bar. Stay sober and happy with these awesome mocktails that will make all your hungover friends jealous!
1. Watermelon mojito
- 1 ½ cups watermelon, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¾ teaspoons sugar
- 2 mint leaves
- Ginger ale
- ¼ cup club soda
- Crushed ice
- Blend the watermelon, lime juice and ½ teaspoon of the sugar in a blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the mint leaves with the remaining sugar at the bottom of each glass.
- Fill the glass with the watermelon mixture until half full.
- Add the crushed ice, a few sprinkles of ginger ale and fill the rest of the glass with club soda.
- Stir and serve.
2. Sunrise grapefruit
- ½ cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar syrup
- ¼ cup club soda
- 1 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- Grapefruit slice
- Pour the grapefruit juice into the glass and add the sugar syrup.
- Top off with the club soda.
- Add the grenadine syrup slowly and let it settle to the base of the glass.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
3. Frosted lime spritzer
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 can of lemon-lime soda
- Ice cubes
- Thyme sprig
- Rim a glass with salt and add a few ice cubes.
- Fill the glass with lemon-lime soda and throw in the lime slices.
- Stir and garnish with the thyme.
Making delicious mocktails is incredibly simple and fun – you can enjoy the taste of your favourite refreshing beverages without the nasty effects of a hangover. Spend your Friday night (or any other night really) in with these delightful mocktails and treat yourself to some quality me-time!