Strapped for time? Tired from a hard day of work but still wish to whip up something delicious for dinner? Deconstructed recipes might be just what you need! They might sound like the type of cuisine that's usually prepared at fancy restaurants, but they're actually simple and fuss-free!
Deconstructed Sushi Salad Bowl
For the salad bowl:
· 4 cups baby spinach (chopped)
· 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
· 1 ½ cups shelled edamame
· ½ avocado (sliced)
· ½ English cucumber (sliced)
· 8-10 seaweed snacks
· 2 tbsp sesame seeds
For the sesame ginger miso dressing:
· 1 tbsp miso
· 2 tbsp warm water
· 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
· 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
· 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
· 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the salad bowl together, and top it off with the sesame seeds and seaweed.
- Add the miso to the warm water until well-mixed. Then, add the other ingredients for the dressing and mix them well.
- Add the dressing over the salad bowl. Alternatively, serve the dressing on a separate dish from the salad bowl.
Deconstructed stuffed pepper casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 large green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- Sour cream (for serving)
- ½ cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- Add olive oil to a pan, and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Fry the ground pork and beef together and crumble the meat. Ensure that they are well-cooked.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and dill to the frying pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rice, before the chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Continue to cook them for 10-15 minutes and stir periodically.
- You may transfer the dish to a plate once it seems well-cooked (the rice should have absorbed the broth and appear dry when the dish is cooked).
- After plating the dish, top it off with some cheddar cheese and parsley. Serve with a plate of sour cream if desired.
Deconstructed egg roll wraps
· 1 lb ground chicken
· 1 small yellow onion (minced)
· ½ head garlic (peeled and minced)
· 1 tbsp minced ginger
· 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 10 oz bag of cabbage (shredded)
· 1 ½ cups carrots (shredded)
· 2 zucchini (shredded)
· 1 bunch green onions (sliced finely)
· 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
· 2 tbsp sesame oil
· 1 head iceberg/ butter lettuce (for the wraps)
· Chopped cilantro
· Sliced green onions/ chives
· Toasted sesame seeds
- Sauté the yellow onion in a skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about a minute.
- Add the ground chicken and ensure that it is well-cooked.
- Mix the chilli garlic sauce with the chicken. Ensure it is well-combined.
- Mix in the carrot, cabbage, zucchini, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and leave to simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish once the vegetables are soft.
- Prepare the garnish by mixing the chopped cilantro, sliced green onions/ chives and toasted sesame seeds.
- Plate the dish and garnish.
These fuss-free deconstructed recipes are extremely convenient and do not have long preparation times, making them the perfect solution for quick and simple meals. With them, you no longer have to worry about late-night meals that are barely palatable!